How can you align with heaven?
Here’s a verse we don’t preach very often – “In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” (1 Thess 5:18)
Note, the Bible doesn’t say “FOR everything” but “IN everything” because God doesn’t send everything, but He does get glorified in any place He shows up and our job is to enthrone Him over the situation.
So, one way to be thankful is to ask the Lord what He is doing in the
midst of the situation. A great way to do this is to ask: “What’s good about this situation?” “How might God be at work?”
Here’s my thoughts… tell me yours.
1. The “affairs of this life” just got squashed by a realization of man's mortality. This always produces a purifying in the church and a fresh prioritization of what is really important. Americans are at their core a religious people. More so than any other nation. You’ll notice that even mouthy atheists know enough to back off.
2. Americans don’t observe the Sabbath. It may be a day off but it’s not a day to reflect. Now we have a forced Sabbath of a different order.
3. For believers especially it is time to be with the Lord and those we love and to spiritually clean things up and examine our faith level and readiness for crisis.
4. The President is promoting a day of prayer for the church to deal with this!
5. The President is promoting internet church!
6. The body of Christ is getting closer together and diffusing its powerful antivirus presence across communities because of the challenges to meeting in larger groups.