Human nature likes to stay in the comfort zone. Being comfortable with the discomfort of divine s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g is what gives us accesses to the “divine nature”- and that’s the path of “convergence!” The Christian is becoming an endangered species in almost every aspect of American life (outside of church) because believers are totally fragmented and unaligned as a movement.
The wholesale collapse of culture is upon us as a relatively small part of the total population with secular and anti-Christian worldviews dominate the conversation. This small part has leverage because they occupy the high places of culture, most notably: politics, education, media and the arts.
Their strength is because of FOCUS and ALIGNMENT in the places that shape culture.
The 3-Part Convergence Code
Believers and Churches can only turn things around when they realize they need to be AS ONE! Currently, followers of Jesus are fragmented in 3 competing directions:
1. Purity From: This group says: “I don’t want to get involved with controversy. I am a lover of God and people and believe if we are more spiritual and become more supernatural things will change. I am staying in His presence till revival shows up.” The bride is making herself ready.
This is the Bridal Lover
2. Defensive Against: I am not going to let my country go down without a fight. I will move toward the sound of the trumpet, show up in the battle and wade into the controversy. This is the company that puts on the William Wallace war paint when necessary as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
This is the Prophetic Warrior
3. Relevant To: I am going to present a positive and relevant Jesus to the world and pick my position out carefully. This company has more public scrutiny and is often embarrassed by the eccentricities of revivalists and the perceived controversies created by culture warriors. “Taking thought for what is noble in the sight of all” is their motto.
This is the Wise Statesman
The problem is that all three have Bible verses to back their position, and all believe in prayer and evangelism and decry the erosion of culture. Still, none in and of themselves has changed a single city in north America while Islam, in comparison, is taking over nations and Asia is taking over our economy.
The Answer? The prototype is David – a combination of ALL THREE: a radical worshiper, giant killer and king: A KILLER SHEEP!
In David we have a type of the last days move where the Lord returns as “king” for a “bride” with the “armies” of heaven behind him.
- David- the Killer Sheep, was a musician and radical worshiper who knew how to access the anointing. Most Statesmen and warriors can learn a thing or two from worshipers who love lingering in Gods presence and thrive on seeing or hearing about a supernatural God who does signs and wonders.
- David – the Killer Sheep, was a professional soldier, a Philistine terminator on steroids. We ALL have to suit up and show up at some point. Especially when public figures attack what is sacred and perversion is promoted by policy. The argument that ultimately endorses “the warrior” position is summed up in one name and two words: “Rev. Martin Luther King” and “Civil Rights.” The white church, for the most part, did not show up for this battle and the wound has fed a division between black and white church and politics ever since.
- David – the Killer Sheep was the one whose pen wrote the inspired words: “rule in the midst of your enemies.” Religious leaders are playing too cute when they are less than overt in their faith. But many elected public figures such as CEO’s, Education officials and Politicians must be “covert” at times – advancing arguments based on principles rather than scripture quoting. The greatest model of this being Wilberforce, who from his seat in Parliament overturned slavery in Great Britain. Much of his battle was done by weight of moral and economic argument while believers applied social pressure from every side.
Kings are decision makers and influence shapers Their assignment is to bring their sphere into alignment with what the Father shows them. Sometimes more like Ninja sheep than anything else, these men and women know when to be outspoken and when to exert quiet pressure. Remember that nobody knew Esther was Jewish till she announced it and Joseph’s first business with Pharaoh was dream interpretation, not circumcision.
A radical Reformation is rumbling in the land, but unlike the one that occurred in the 1500’s, this is not a Reformation of doctrine but a Reformation of practice. Like the first, it will shake the status quo.