This weekend, I did an experimental “prophetic business incubator” with 33 professionals. The location was Moravian Falls, on the property where Rick Joyner (one of the All-Time Top 20 Christian Authors) writes his books. He told me it is a unique geography with an “open heaven” for writing. My partner for this experiment was Dave Yarnes, a brilliant licensed commodities broker by day (and VP of Morningstar Ministries when not doing 500 million a month in currency trades).
We both shared our perspectives on the prophetic process for seeing your future business and building into it from where you are right now. It’s a combination of Personal Convergence and Organizational Convergence! Moving AS ONE! … a slice of heaven on earth.
The Convergence Code ™ is all about becoming the person you are uniquely called to be so that you can create the job you are uniquely called to do!
Once you step into that role, you are the smartest person in the world in that assignment!
Here are some of our notes:
1. If you want wind in your sails and sales in your wind, start thinking “Kingdom” and not just business. Build a kingdom culture inside your company and make God your Senior Partner!
- Since the kingdom is “righteousness, peace and joy” one third of your work needs to be joyful. In other words – 1/3 of your culture needs to be fun!
2. To identify moments of personal convergence, analyze the moments when you were the most fully energized and fully engaged in the last year. Note- in each instance you were enjoying the experience. The key word is “joy.”
What were you doing?
Who were you with?
What percent of the time are you in the convergence zone?
3. Your culture is your brand! Values, culture and business strategy are all connected.
- The billion-dollar shoe company, Zappos, calls these the “Zappos Family Core Values” That’s right. Think of your business as a “family.”
Here are their 10 core values:
- Deliver WOW Through Service
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
- Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning
- Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
- Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
- Do More With Less
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Be Humble
4. While joy (or “fun”) may seem like things aren’t serious, the opposite is true. The freedom that comes with joy enables you to have a highly innovative success oriented environment.
- In order to stay ahead of competition (or potential competition) you need to have an atmosphere of “urgency.” You can be seriously focused while enjoying the process of setting and exceeding your own high standards.
5. Maybe you don’t have a business right now, but…
- Finding your own passion, message and gifting are part of the journey into career convergence. The atmosphere you carry needs to be one that exhibits your own personal “Zappos” list of core values.
6. It’s all about the “experience” people have when you engage them.
- Be focused on meeting the needs of others (customer or employer) with a “wow” experience and you’ll uncover your own unique brand expression.
7. Again, I am sharing just a snippet of information. Nobody achieves recognition as an authority in their niche’ overnight, but the great news is that it is possible. In fact, it’s never been easier—especially if you start observing these things now and learn from the model others are building in plain sight.
Question: Where are you in the process of convergence? Please leave a comment below.