… a Movement whose time has come
Why are you reading this page?
I will tell you why. You will find it in what Morpheus told Neo:
“Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world. You don’t know what it is, but it’s there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I’m talking about?”
Over a decade ago I introduced an idea to the body of Christ that went viral – it’s called the “Seven Mountains.” I’ve spoken in 7 continents, 37 countries and over 150 cities with this message. Tons of books have been written, networks formed, CD’s sold and companies launched off of 7 Mountains…but not by me.
Like I said I’ve spoken all over the world on the 7 mountains…BUT NEVER WROTE A BOOK or launched a network.
I don’t know. The message is so powerful, maybe I was afraid the book would never measure up to expectations. Or maybe I feared it would, and I didn’t have the character or capacity to handle the pressure cooker it would create. Both are true.
Regardless…I needed the time for my research. There was a missing piece. After people hear me they say “OK. Got it!- What do we do next?” That’s a good question. I’ve sent them off to existing networks and friends to find connections.
So for a decade I have been drilling down on this ONE THING and studying all the experts who lead this conversation. I’ve learned a lot, but nothing yet that contradicts the revolutionary premise of 7m (“7m” is my new brand for seven mountains.
“7M” stands for the seven domains that shape the minds of nations. They are the ultimate powers that mold the culture.
The 7M world is made up of:
- Media/News & Commentary
Like Neo in the Matrix…
here is the “splinter in my brain”
- How is it that Christianity has power to transform an individual’s life yet we, as a people group are impotent to influence our own nations? Do we not have one nation discipled?Forget discipling a nation – how about a sustained influence in a single city or town?
It’s not like it can’t be done…
- What strategies has Islam used to disciple 7 nations into Sharia Law in our lifetime?
- How did only 4% of the population succeed in shifting America’s views on same sex marriage in spite of resistance from 30% who disagree with their agenda?
- How do radicals in the minority continue to silence and overpower the influence of 25% of the population that is evangelical?
- What will happen in the U.S. if we keep getting this wrong and debt keeps climbing and morality continues to decline?
- Is there an End Time spiritual outpouring on its way? What are we supposed to do to align with this?
- Was Jesus seriously expecting nations to be taught when He told the disciples to go “make disciples of nations, teaching them all things I have taught you”?What are we missing?
- How can you break out of the confinement of your circumstances and begin doing what you are called to do? You are called to make a difference. Where do you start? What do you do next?
A movement is rising up in the earth
It may arise at the very time “darkness covers the earth,” a movement of spiritually awakened believers whose activity will transform the latent potential of the body of Christ into actual power.
It will rise up and challenge the prevailing narrative of nations. In seven spheres they will stabilize and shape the prosperity of their nations. “Kings will come” to the brightness of their rising and nations will be “born in a day” as the Prophets have spoken.
Therefor, our 7M mission is to do our part in TRANSFORM THE LATENT POTENTIAL OF THE BODY OF CHRIST INTO ACTUAL POWER IN THE 7M WORLD. This will impact cities and nations with the Gospel of the Kingdom.
This message is as clear, compelling and revolutionary as Luther’s clarion call in the Reformation of 1516. We are not a gloomy company but we anticipate that when darkness covers the earth, the Lord shall shine upon His people who are prepared for the hour. Those who are 7M ready will be visible…
“… the LORD will rise upon you And His glory will appear upon you. Nations will come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising.…” (Isa 60:2-3)
The “7M Underground” – the SECOND REFORMATION
We don’t claim to be “the” movement, indeed there are many already saying things similar to us. But we do claim to be the ones who catalyzed the globe with language about “the seven mountains of culture” and we believe we have a significant piece to advance those now “rising” as influence shapers and decision makers.
The New Reformation
The first Reformation was a revolution of DOCTRINE that heralded the “priesthood of believers”
The second Reformation is a revolution of PRACTICE that will unleash the dormant potential of the BODY OF CHRIST into a global movement! (and born again Catholics will be part of this)
The first movement took the Gospel into “all the world”. It’s been done. In some form, the church is in all the nations, underground or above
The second movement will take the Gospel into “all the world -systems”
The first move was missionary
from a church – to plant a church in the geogrpahy
The next move is missionary
from the church – to plant a micro church in the 7M system
The first was evangelistic
The next is apostolic
The first era grew by gathering
The next grows by releasing
The first was preacher centralized
The next is saint centralized: It’s “the saints who take the kingdom.”
They have these two things in common:
1. The first reformation was controversial and shook the established order
2. The next reformation is controversial and will shake the established order
Time to come out of the closet….
I’m coming out of the proverbial prayer closet with an urgency to get this message out. I am ready to publish now because I found my missing piece – the final part of the puzzle – discovered 24 months ago, and I fear now that as I write, all this is going to go off like a grenade in the spiritual playground. The era of “Mega church” is about to walk hand in hand with “Micro Church.” Small is the NEW BIG!
This won’t surprise you however, because if you are like most, after I get done speaking people say to me, “You just put into words what I’ve always thought.” But be forewarned, when they say this they are both relieved they are right and agitated they did not act on their intuition earlier.