We are looking for a self-starting, motivated person who excels at doing customer relations and marketing, and is proficient with website maintenance and social networking. This position is responsible for growth and maintenance of a online membership site.
We’re looking for someone to take ownership of growing our membership – this is NOT a “punch the clock” type of job! Successful candidate will be innovative, interested in making suggestions to improve the program, and creative in packaging and promoting membership.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing and customer service
- Comfortable writing strategic plans, analyzing markets and marketing potential
- Skilled at writing promotional materials, membership materials, and developing newsletter content.
- IT Proficient – including website maintenance using WYSIWYG editors, ability to maintain and add records, run reports and manipulate lists in a web-based CRM platform, word processing, spreadsheets, desktop publishing, email, email marketing, etc.
- Extremely well-organized, goal-oriented and very high attention to detail.
- Articulate and comfortable picking up the phone and calling people to track down information, following up on lapsed memberships, and responding to inquiries.
- Must be able to understand the end goal and be able to create and execute the step by step tasks needed to accomplish the goal. Must be task oriented and self-starter.
- Willing to learn, and confident in proposing innovative ideas to management.
- Comfortable working independently and remotely.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness both online and offline – Some travel may be required
- Already savvy with IT, website maintenance and social networking.
- At least two year’s marketing experience, preferably with a membership organization.
- Develop goals and action plans with VP of Operations for membership development and retention, including corporate sponsorships.
- Provide analysis of existing programmatic and membership materials as well as membership retention rates and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop strategic plan for improving member benefit offerings, and increasing overall membership.
- Develop and implement strategy for increasing non-dues revenue.
- Write membership and sponsorship recruitment materials, appeal letters, brochures, etc.
- Initiate internal communications, including developing newsletter content, email blasts, event announcements, awareness of member benefits, etc.
- Respond promptly to inquiries from prospective members, members, Directors, and others.
- Assist in creating and updating membership and marketing materials, including letters, flyers for upcoming events, welcome packets, fact sheets, directories, surveys, and others.
- Assist Ops and team as necessary in planning and executing events and day-to-day operations of the office.
- Manage execution of weekly/bi-monthly recordings of “Lance Live!” and “Lance’s Library” and other membership program recordings
- Manage up to 5 regional or national conferences per year to cultivate relationships and associations image.
Language skills: Accurate, professional English writing and public speaking skills are essential. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from donors or members in a professional and friendly way. Ability to write reports or correspondence without grammatical or typographical errors. Ability to speak effectively to donors, sponsors, members, the general public, and partners.
Reasoning ability: Must be able to identify and orchestrate tasks necessary to accomplish goal. Must be personable and able to relate and interface effectively with doctors, students, donors, and staff.
- Location: Dallas Texas, Remote work option available.
- Compensation: $18,000-$25,000. No benefits. 1 week PTO. Incentive bonus available.
- This is a part-time job – 20-30 hours/week
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.