Lance Wallnau Ministries is seeking an outgoing and creative development pro with proven major gifts success. If you are looking to work at a highly-respected, non-profit organization leading social change, and have a passion for engaging donors — and would-be donors! — through high-touch personal relationships – then we’d love for you to you apply to be our next Major Gifts Director!
As a member of Lance Wallnau Ministries development department, the Major Gifts Director plays an integral role in achieving our increasingly ambitious fundraising goals by planning and implementing our major donor development strategy. Reporting to the Vice President Of Operations, this position collaborates with the Board of Directors, Donor Relations Committee, CEO and other members of the leadership team.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned fundraising professional with experience managing a portfolio of major and legacy donors and prospects, with a primary focus on the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals with the capacity to make gifts of $1,000 or more.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, plus
- 3+ years of demonstrated effectiveness in major gifts fundraising with a successful track record of securing 4- to 5-figure gifts from individuals
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in engaging and training high level volunteers and volunteer solicitors
- Expertise in the best practices and methodologies of major giving including a working knowledge of charitable gift planning and various planned giving vehicles
- Ability to independently drive projects and build effective, collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Intellectual curiosity, inquisitive nature, excellent listening and problem-solving skills and a sense of humor
- Strong planning, organizational and project/time management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects, remain flexible and work effectively under pressure
- Respect for confidentiality of donor information and a deep understanding of donor ethics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to creatively engage others in the organization’s work; skilled public speaker
- Strong knowledge of the Charismatic philanthropic community
- Proven success with email campaigns, social media, and other forms of online fundraising.
- Intermediate to Expert skills with Microsoft Office, Infusionsoft, WordPress, ZenDesk (customer support software), and other related tools.
Personal Attributes and Values
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus and creativity around Lance Wallnau Ministries’ Vision, Mission and Values of community, leadership, transparency and diversity
- Impeccable integrity and honesty
- A sense of humor, deftly combined with a can-do attitude
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances
- Passionate about Lance Wallnau Ministries. To be successful, you have to believe in what we are doing
- This is a virtual office environment. While you may live and work anywhere in the US, our home base is in the Dallas, Texas area, and some travel may be required at times.
- Occasional nights and weekends as needed by donor event schedule, deadlines, and projects.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate please apply by sending your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com