Lance Wallnau Ministries is an inspiring place, without a doubt, and being an assistant to the VP of Operations has its perks. You will know more about what is going on in the company than almost anyone, plus there are plenty of fun tasks to be done. On any given day, you might be:
- organizing a board meeting and retreat in Singapore
- pulling together a meeting with people who are literally changing the world
- editing documents and helping write the company’s April Fools Joke
- Professional. Lance Wallnau Ministries is a fun place, but also a serious business with a lot of moving parts. You know how to have lots of balls in the air that can’t be dropped. You’ve been an executive assistant before in a similar environment.
- Unflappable. Crazy things happen. You should be able to pause and laugh at them for a brief second before quickly taking action to make crazy problems disappear seamlessly.
- Passionate about Lance Wallnau Ministries. To be successful you have to believe in what we are doing
Some of the most demanding days start very early and end very late, so keeping things running smoothly is key, and the cost of any misfires is high – it requires all kinds of coordination on all fronts to keep the ship running smoothly.
We are looking for a self-starting, motivated person who excels at providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities – this is NOT a “punch the clock” type of job! Successful candidate will be innovative, interested in making suggestions to improve processes.
Here is what you will be doing:
- The schedule here has been called “crazy,” but there’s a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it. You will need you to make sure it all works and that optimism doesn’t make us believe the impossible, i.e. that I can get from San Jose to San Francisco in 5 minutes.
- You will keep the company calendar in order when sometimes the time slots move so fast it feels more like a video game than a calendar.
- Organize travel and make sure all aspects of trips work seamlessly from start to finish.
- Help keep the broad range of personalities we work with every day happy and engaged: artists, marketers, speakers, investors, other executives, the executive team, and board members
- Schedule board and investor meetings amongst some of the busiest people in the world, then make them seamless technically, logistically, and culinarily
- Answering everything from general questions to product specific issues customers submit to our team.
- In general, make the Lance Wallnau Ministries team as productive and happy as possible! I work for them, so you work for them, too.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication or related field, plus
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus and creativity around Lance Wallnau Ministries Vision, Mission and Values of community, leadership, transparency and diversity.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty
- A sense of humor deftly combined with a can-do attitude
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds/circumstances
- This is a virtual office environment. While you may live and work anywhere in the US, our home base is in the Dallas, Texas area, and travel will be required at times.
- Occasional nights and weekends as needed by donor event schedule, deadlines, and projects.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate please apply by sending your resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com